Disclaimer: Image is for representational purpose only
One of Global retail industry’s big events “NRF Retail’s Big Show 2018” is set to start on January 14th, 2018. It will be an important three-day conference that is also one of the largest gathering of retail leaders promising discussions and revelation of the latest industry trends. Industry leaders who have proved themselves in their business from all walks of life talk about the challenges faced and how it was overcome.
When: January 14- 16, 2018
Where: Jacob K Javits Convention Center, New York City
The Event features 18,000 retailers representing 3500 companies with over 300 exhibitors and over 35000 attendees registered to participate from 95 different countries around the world. To say it will be huge is an understatement. Some of the well-known figures in the industry like
- Tommy Hilfiger
- Martin Barthel Head of Global Retail & Ecommerce Strategy Facebook
- Arianna Huffington Founder of Huffington Post
- Doug McMillon President and CEO Walmart
will be speaking along with almost 300 other prominent leaders in the industry.
One interesting section will be the Innovation Lab.
Innovation Lab at NRF 2018
The Innovation Lab at NRF 2018 will bring into sharp focus the technologies that are transforming retail through exhibits, demos and presentations. Listed in it are
- Retail 2020
Retail 2020 is to highlight the transformation that advancement in technologies promise. Transformation in a shopper’s journey (consisting of Awareness, Shopper Consideration, Engagement, Service and Post Purchase Experience) using the most recent advances in augmented reality, artificial intelligence, machine learning, facial recognition, big data, robotics and more.
- Emerging Technology Showcase
Hands-on demo of products including devices using AR/VR, CGI, Robotics and wearables that should make everyday life and business more productive.
Other topics listed that will be interesting in the Innovation Lab stage are
- Robotics and AI: Trailblazing technology for future retail
- Digital transformation and consumer expectations
- Emerging technologies to transform marketing and engagement
- Disruptive Technologies
- Fortitude of the Brick and Mortar Stores
- Logistical and post-sale transformative technology
- Retailing ethics in the age of artificial intelligence
This will be an event worth following!!